Summer School is a district-wide credit recovery opportunity for grades 7-12. If you have received correspondence from your child’s counselor inviting your child to attend summer school, please return the completed registration form and fee to the counseling department. The Summer School fee is $125.00. Fees will not be waived. If you require financial assistance, please indicate your request on the registration form.
Summer school uses Edgenuity as the digital online curriculum, where all students work at their own pace. Students will exit summer school once the assigned course is completed or, if needed, may begin a second course if the course can be completed on or before the last day of summer school.
Summer School is in session!
PLEASE READ THE STUDENT/STAFF HANDBOOK BELOW for important information on attendance and other school policies.
Important Things to Know
- Summer School starts on Monday, June 26th and ends Thursday, July 20th, with no school on July 4th.
- Summer School is from 8:00 - 12:30, Monday - Thursday, at Carson Valley Middle School in B and C Halls. The Summer School office is room C-40.
- The Summer School number is 775-392-2110, extension 2348.
- If you are driving your student please drop them off in the front and have them walk around to the north side of the building and walk in between the library and gym to the B Hall or C Hall.
- If you are a student who is driving to Summer School, please park on the north side of the playhouse gym and walk around to the north side of the building and walk in between the library and gym to the B Hall or C Hall.
- Summer School Bus Routes are now available online.
- Students can look on their Infinite Campus portal to view their class and room.
- Students need to bring their chromebooks fully charged and ready to go each day along with their charger. We would like students to also bring headphones.
- Tutoring will be available from 12:30-2:30pm starting on Tuesday, June 27th. Transportation is not provided for after school tutoring.
- Above is the Student and Parent Handbook for you and your student to read. It has important information about Summer School and the attendance policy as well as other important information. Please read the handbook and sign the acknowledgement & Code of Conduct page on the back that will come home with your student on the first day.
- Transportation will be provided if requested on the registration form.
- Breakfast and lunch will not be provided.
- Transportation will not be provided for after-hours tutoring.
Carson Valley Middle School - B & C Halls
1477 Hwy 395, Gardnerville, NV
DATES AND TIMES:
8 AM – 12:30 PM | Monday - Thursday
Monday, June 26th - Thursday, July 20th
No classes will be held on July 4, 2022
Class starts promptly at 8:00AM so students should be there before 8:00AM.
Phone: 775-392-2110, extension 2348
Office: Room C-40
Join Our Summer School Team!
SUMMER SCHOOL eMPLOYMENT FLYER