Apply today to be a part of a dynamic diverse professional community!
Douglas County is a special place to live and a great place to build a career in education.
Our professional community is a diverse and intelligent group of educators who share a passion for teaching and learning. Everyone here believes in the mission of Douglas County School District and works daily to Empower, Prepare, Inspire and Connect the next generation to lead lives of purpose and meaning.
We’re looking for people who share our joy for learning, who are naturally curious, and who are passionate about the transformative power of education.
Already started an application? Click the button below to update or view your application.
Contact Human Resources:
- Elementary Classroom Teacher - Learning Strategist - Gardnerville Elementary School
- Elementary ESL Classroom Teacher - District Wide
- Special Education Teacher - Early Childhood - Minden Elementary School
“There are only a few places like Lake Tahoe, Minden and Gardnerville. If you like being outside, this place is impossible to beat.”
Blaine S. | Principal
“I love the four seasons. We love all the activities. We are hikers and kayakers, and we do a lot of fishing and camping.”
Cris J. | EPIC Coach
CLASSROOM / PLAYGROUND AIDES
- Teacher Assistant (6.5 hrs /177 days) - Douglas High School
- Special Education Para (6.5 hrs /177 days) - ASPIRE
- Special Education Para (6.5 hrs /177 days) Bilingual Spanish Highly Desirable - Douglas High School
- Special Education Para (3.0 hrs / 177 days) - Zephyr Cove Elementary School
- Special Education Para (5.0 hrs /177 days) - Carson Valley Middle School
- Special Education Para (6.0 hrs /177 days) - C.C. Meneley Elementary School
- Cashier Helper II - Student Nutrition Program (18 hours per week) - Whittell High School / Zephyr Cove Elementary
- Cashier Helper II - School Nutrition Program (2.5 hours / 177 days) - Gardnerville Elementary School
- Cashier Helper II - School Nutrition Program (3.50 hours / 177 days) - Jacks Valley Elementary School
- Cashier Helper I - School Nutrition Program (4.50 hours / 177 days) - Douglas High School
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICE
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher - District Wide
- Visual Impairment Specialist .5 FTE - District Wide
- Speech Language Pathologist - District Wide
- Occupational Therapist - District Wide (186 days) - District Wide
- Substitute Special Education Paras - District Wide
- Substitute Classroom/Playground Aide - District Wide
- Substitute Bus Aide - District Wide
- Substitute Bus Driver - District Wide
- Substitute Nutrition Program - District Wide
- Substitute Teacher - Certified - District Wide
- Substitute Teacher / Math Tutor - Certified - Jacobsen High School